Super Simple 5 Ingredient Mars Bar Slice
If you’ve never had Mars Bar Slice before, get ready! You are in for a delicious surprise!
Ridiculously easy to make, packed full of flavour, satisfying and cheap.
You only need 5 ingredients AND three of them are CHOCOLATE. Winner!
Yep only 5 ingredients, no baking and this moreish treat will be in your tummy within the hour.
Nom, nom, nom…
- 200g Mars Bar, chopped
- 120g butter – salted or unsalted, 90g step 2, 30g step 5
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 200g milk chocolate
- Mini Eggs to suit
Little M was pretty keen to steal all of the ingredients so we set up a mini sensory pouring and filling station.
We use this chocolate in most of our baking/fridge cakes – great quality, beautiful taste and lovely texture. It retains a lovely glossy shine too. I once used a Galaxy bar when I ran out and that was delicious too, but any milk chocolate will work – I’m just a bit of a chocolate snob.
I particularly like using this spatula as the dual end is great for getting ALL of the chocolate-y goodness! I frequently fight with baking parchment so recently I have gone down this route instead. It’s great for making toasties on the Aga too. Bonus!
- Grease (with additional butter) or line a slice tray.
- Combine Mars Bars and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over a low heat, without boiling, until the mixture is smooth. The Mars Bars will never completely melt – they’ll almost get there but they still bit a lumpy and not fully smooth. That’s ok! When they’re basically melted, with just a few lumps here and there, you are good to go. (Tip: I use a whisk at the end).
- Stir in the Rice Krispies, then press the mixture evenly into the greased slice tray.
- Pour chocolate mixture over rice cereal and mix quickly. It’s a good idea to use a fresh box of Rice Krispies.
- Melt the second slab of butter and chocolate. You can do this either using a Bain Marie OR in the microwave. I prefer the over the stove as I can stir it constantly and have a bit more control over the temperature.
- Spread the chocolate evening over the Rice Krispie slice mixture in the tray.
- Press in the Mini Eggs to decorate.
Servings: 12 good size portions or cut into mini squares
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 % Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 21%
Saturated Fat 10.3g 51%
Cholesterol 26mg 9%
Sodium 171mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 11%
Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3%
Total Sugars 20.7g
Vitamin D 6mcg 29%
Calcium 44mg 3%
Iron 3mg 15%
Have you followed this recipe? Made any changes to the toppings? Drop me a comment below to let me know what worked well for you.
You might also enjoy following our Easy Apple Cake recipe found here.
*Some equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products we use and love.